Professor Nic James is a well known researcher in sports performance analysis having worked mainly in academic settings but also in elite sport. Nic has developed a number of academic courses in performance analysis, motor learning and statistics from undergraduate to postgraduate level. He helped develop a Sports Science degree at Swansea University before leading the MSc in Performance Analysis at Cardiff Metropolitan University. Nic is currently head of research for the London sport Institute and currently spends much of his time supervising PhD students and teaching at Masters Level.
Recent International Journal publications
- Štrumbelj, B., Vučković, G., Jakovljevic, S., Milanovic, Z., James, N. & Erculj, F. (2015). Graded shuttle run performance by playing positions in elite female basketball. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 29, 3, 793-799.
- Turner, A., James, N., Dimitriou, L., Greenhalgh, A., Moody, J., Fulcher, D., Mias, E. & Kilduff, L. (2014). Determinants of Olympic fencing performance and implications for strength and conditioning training. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 28, 10, 3001-3011.
- Vaz, L., Morais, T., Rocha, H. & James, N. (2014). Fitness profiles of elite Portuguese rugby union players. Journal of Human Kinetics, 41, 235-244.
- Dimitriou, L., Weiler, R., Lloyd-Smith, R., Turner, A., Heath, L., James, N. & Reid, A. (2014). Bone mineral density, rib pain and other features of the female athlete triad in elite lightweight rowers: new concepts for injury prevention. British Medical Journal Open;4, e004369.
- Milanović, Z., Vučković, G., James, N., Hughes, M., Murray, S., Perš, J. & Sporiš, G. (2014). Does SAQ training improve the speed and flexibility of young soccer players? A randomized controlled trial. Human Movement Science, 38, 197-208.
- Vučković, G., James, N., Hughes, M., Murray, S., Milanović, Z., Perš, J. & Sporiš, G. (2014). A New Method for Assessing Squash Tactics Using 15 Court Areas for Ball Locations. Human Movement Science, 34, 81-90.
- Csataljay, G., James, N., Hughes, M. & Dancs, H. (2013). Effects of defensive pressure on basketball shooting performance. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 13, 3, 594-601.
- Jones, R.M., Cook, C.C., Kilduff, L.P., Milanovic, Z., James, N., Sporiš, G., Fiorentini, B., Fiorentini, F., Turner, A. & Vučković, G. (2013). Relationship between Repeated Sprint Ability and Aerobic Capacity in Professional Soccer Players. The Scientific World Journal, Article ID 952350.
- Martinez-Gallego, R., Guzmán, J.F., James, N., Perš, J., Ramón-Llin, J., and Vučković, G. (2013). Movement characteristics of elite tennis players on hard courts with respect to the direction of ground strokes. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 12, 275-281.
- Gaviglio, C.M., James, N., Crewther, B.T., Kilduff, L.P. and Cook, C.J. (2013). Relationship between match statistics, game outcome and pre-match hormonal state in professional rugby union. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 13, 2, 522-534.
- Milanović Z., Pantelić A.,Trajković N., Sporiš G., Kostić R. & James N. (2013). Age related decrease in physical activity and functional fitness among elderly men and women. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 8, 549-556.
- Prosen, J., James, N., Dimitriou, L., Perš, J. & Vuckovic, G. (2013). A time-motion analysis of turns performed by highly ranked Viennese waltz dancers. Journal of Human Kinetics, 37, 55-62.
- Vučković, G., James, N., Hughes, M., Murray, S.R., Sporiš, G. & Perš, J. (2013). The effect of court location and available time on the tactical shot selection of elite squash players. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12, 66-73.
- Milanović, Z., Sporiš, G., Trajković, N., James, N. and Šamija, K. (2013). Effects of a 12 Week SAQ Training Programme on Agility with and without the Ball among Young Soccer Players. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12, 97-103.